The National Center for Safe Routes to School and Schwinn are teaming up again to celebrate Bike to School Day. This year they will host the SmartStart Bike Share Giveaway, awarding 10 SmartStart Schwinn bikes and 20 Schwinn helmets to 10 schools across the US.
This year’s giveaway features the newly released Schwinn bike line, SmartStart. The new SmartStart bicycles are specifically designed to address challenges and concerns for new bike riders and are optimized to fit children as they grow. Ten schools across the country will be awarded bikes and helmets to help support their bicycling safety activities.In order to enter the weekly drawings, individuals must register a school event at www.walkbiketoschool.org. Two drawings will take place every week beginning on April 13th, so the sooner you register the more chances you will have to win. Registration closes on May 31st. Only one event registration per school will be considered for a chance to win the Schwinn’s SmartStart Bike Share Giveaway prize.
For more information on the 2016 National Bike to School Day celebration, visit www.walkbiketoschool.org/about-the-events/bike-to-school-day.
The Bike to School Day SmartStart Bike Share Giveaway coincides with National Bike to School Day event registration at www.walkbiketoschool.org/go. The contest ends at 5 p.m. EDT on May 31, 2016. (That date allows schools who register events after they have taken place to enter.)
The National Center for Safe Routes to School will select winners at random on the following dates surrounding Bike to School Day on May 6, 2015:
• Wednesday, April 13 (2 drawings from all registered events)
• Wednesday, April 20 (2 drawings from all registered events)
• Wednesday, April 27 (2 drawings from all registered events)
• Wednesday, May 4 (2 drawings from most creative Facebook responses to Bike Share idea question)
• Wednesday, June 1 (2 drawings from all registered events)
On the first three drawing dates, two winners will be drawn from the pool of all registered events. On Bike to School Day, May 4, the two most creative responses to the National Center’s Facebook question “How could your school use ten bikes and twenty helmets?” will be selected as the winners of drawing. On June 1, we will draw two final winners from the last count of registered events.
Delivery and Logistics
In collaboration with Schwinn, the National Center for Safe Routes to School is giving away ten Schwinn SmartStart bicycles and twenty Schwinn helmets to ten schools and/or community organizations in the United States. Each registered event is eligible to win ten bikes and twenty helmets for a school. Contest winners will be notified by National Center staff. They must provide written confirmation from the designated school administration or organization leadership that the bicycles and helmets are desired and will be used before final confirmation of the award and delivery to the selected school. The Schwinn SmartStart bicycles and helmets will be shipped directly to the school and the school will be responsible for receipt and storage. Winners or “recipients” will be responsible for proper assembly of the bikes.
The Fine Print
1. The Bike to School Day SmartStart Bike Share Giveaway contest is open to any school or community organization in the United States and District of Columbia who registers a Bike to School Day event on the website. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. Individuals of all ages — including parents, teachers, students and other community members — are eligible to be entered on behalf of a single school into the Bike to School Day SmartStart Bike Share Giveaway. However, only entrants who are legal residents of the fifty United States and District of Columbia will be eligible to receive prizes. Staff members of the National Center for Safe Routes to School, the University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center, Schwinn, or Dorel Industries, Inc., or their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families and household members are not eligible to receive prizes.
3. Each event registration may only be associated with one related U.S. school, per registration. Only one contest entry is allowed per school; multiple event entries per school are not permitted and additional entries for the same school will not be considered.
4. All entries must be entered by 5p.m. EDT on May 31, 2016. Any event registrations after that date and time will not be considered for the Bike to School Day SmartStart Bike Share Giveaway.
5. Any school selected as a recipient has the right to declare that the bicycles and helmets be used for a youth oriented program at any school, police department, parks and recreation department, or other community non-profit organization.
6. Any registered event can win only one drawing. Winners of previous drawings will be ineligible for subsequent drawings and removed from the drawing pool. Winners from the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Bike to School Day Bike Rack Giveaway and Helmets on Heads Bike Share Giveaway are not eligible to win in 2016 and will not be considered.
8. The contest winners will be determined by the National Center for Safe Routes to School team at random. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. All decisions are final. If the winner does not respond to the notification within five business days or is unable to obtain permission from the designated school administration within two weeks of notification, the registrant forfeits the prize to another registrant selected by the National Center. As a condition of winning you consent to National Center for Safe Routes to School and Schwinn’s use of your name for promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Occasionally, the Sponsor may contact winners to ask for additional information (such as bike size and mailing address) in order to send them free prizes. The value of these prizes will not exceed $500. All taxes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one prize per school. Winners should allow 6 to 8 weeks from notification for delivery of any prizes.
10. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. All entrants agree to these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Neither Sponsor, nor its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, or any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission or failures of any network, computer equipment, web site or software, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Giveaway.
11. The winners agree that the Sponsor and their affiliates and their agencies and employers shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason.
Announcement of winners